Every Indian girl loves dressing up in traditional clothing because there’s no denying how stunning they look in them. Plus, they are super comfortable and breezy, perfect for the summers.
However, wearing the same kurti/kurta in the same old boring styles can get a little dry and monotonous.
So, here are 5 unique ways you can style a kurti/kurta, even if its borrowed from your mom/sister!
1. The half tuck:
Tuck one half of your button down kurti from the front in your jeans/shorts for a great info Western look
2. The jacket:
Open up all the buttons of your kurti and wear it as a jacket. I added a belt to structure it at the waist 🙂
3. The blouse
Open the last few buttons of your kurti and tie a knot to wear it as a blouse!
You can also open up the first 3-4 buttons of the kurti and wear it off the shoulder 😉
4. The skirt:
Yes, you can wear your kurti as a skirt! Simply open the first few buttons, scoot it down to your waist, tie the sleeves and tuck!
5. The dress
This one’s slightly common, but you can wear a kurti as a dress
That’s pretty much it! Other than this, some commonly known ways to jazz up a kurta are:
1. Wearing them with jeans or trousers
2. Wearing them with skirts or Palazzo pants
3. Wearing oxidised silver/gold junk jewellery like bangles, neck pieces, earrings, nose rings and chain belts
4. Adding pretty, vibrant coloured dupattas
5. Wearing a bindi even if extremely tiny can pull the whole look together
Thank you for reading! Stay tuned for more posts in the future ❤